All excursions are planned with the assumption that travel both internationally and within Thailand will have returned to normal by November 2022. Flight schedules, fares, exchange rates, and hotel costs may well be different from those in pre-Covid times. At this stage, the costs of each field trip are estimates but include hotels, breakfast, lunch, dinner, land transport, boats, and domestic flights. Minimum and maximum number of participants may be required for some excursions. Travel insurance and relevant vaccinations and visas are required for all participants. Specimen collecting is strictly prohibited in geoparks and national parks and the export of fossils may only be allowed with appropriate permits from the Thai government.
- Route1 : Museums. Examination of paleontological collections in the 4 museums in Isarn, NE Thailand (Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat), Phu Wiang, (Khon Kaen), Sirindhorn (Kalasin) and Mahasarakham University. -CANCELLED-
- Route2 : Loei – fossiliferous Silurian to tropical Permian of the Loei Foldbelt, Indochina Terrane (includes IGCP 700). -CANCELLED-
- Route3 : Satun Geopark. Fossiliferous Cambrian to Devonian. Includes Tarutao Island (includes IGCP 668, IGCP 700 and IGCP 735).
- Route4 : Phuket and Phi Phi islands. Glacimarine Gondwana Permian sediments to post-glacial carbonates (includes IGCP 700).
- Route5 : Cenozoic plants with Thai and Myanmar historical culture. From the world record giant Pleistocene tree at Tak to Phetchabun and Khon Kaen. -CANCELLED-
One day mid-conference
- Route6 : Ban Tha Chang and Fossil Wood Museum, Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat). Neogene vertebrates and plants.
- Route7 : Phetchabun (proposed geopark) Carboniferous to Permian fossiliferous tropical limestones of the Indochina Terrane (includes IGCP 700) and Neogene fish.
- Route8 : Khorat Group Mesozoic Vertebrates.
- Route9 : Fossiliferous Silurian to tropical Permian of the Loei Foldbelt, Indochina Terrane, NE Thailand (includes IGCP 700) -CANCELLED-
Other fieldtrips may also be organized.